1 16oz box of linguine (I used an *almost* full box of whole wheat thin spaghetti, its what I had)
1 tbs salt
1/2 C extra virgin olive oil (to me, this was a little much when eating but make your own assumptions)
1 pint grape tomatoes, cut in half (recipe called for 2, I had 1 - I think 1 was fine)
1 tbs minced garlic
2 tbs red wine vinegar
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
salt & pepper to taste
dry basil (recipe says 18 fresh leaves cut in strips - I had dry basil so i just shook it over top a few times...very precise meauring, I know)
3/4 C grated parmesan cheese (recipe says more for garnish but I say nah)
- Heat 6 qts water to boiling.
- Add pasta & salt to the water, cook until noodles are the texture you like (I'm an al dente kind of girl).
- Heat olive oil in a skillet on medium heat.
- Add tomatoes & garlic to the heat and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occassionally. (recipe says 2 minutes but I like them a little more cooked).
- Stir in vinegar & red pepper flakes.
- Drain pasta & add to the skillet.
- Cook and stir for 1 minute until pasta is coated.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Stir in basil & cheese.