It called for a pork roast, but pork chops are easier.
This recipe makes a big helping of chutney, which if not all used with the pork can substitute as some pretty delicious salsa.
Instead of dicing, slicing, and mincing my chutney ingredients I put everything in my Vitamix on the lowest possible speed until chopped up. Convenience is key in my house.
pork chop seasoning -- per 2 pork chops
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp ground ginger
2 medium mangoes, peeled and diced
1/2 red onion, finely chopped
1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
2 tbsp white vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In small bowl, combine pork chop seasoning.
- Sprinkle seasoning on pork chops, pressing spices into the meat on both sides.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes (depending on thickness of pork chop), until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine all chutney ingredients.
- Cook, uncovered, over medium heat stirring occasionally for 10 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Serve with pork chops.