I really liked the flavor and texture of this recipe, my husband's commentary was that it wasn't as "crisp" as a gingerbread cookie should be -- this might be I didn't cook them long enough, or it might just be by design. I don't know, but I sure liked them!
1C salted butter, room temperature
½C brown sugar
⅔C light corn syrup
4 ½C flour
1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
1 ½ tsp ground ginger
½ tsp ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Beat butter and sugars together in the bowl of a stand mixer on medium speed, ~3 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Beat in molasses and corn syrup until well combined.
- Add in the remaining ingredients on low speed until a smooth dough forms.
- Chill in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Roll out on a lightly floured surface to less than ⅛" thick.
- Cut with floured cookie cutters.
- Line baking sheet with silpat or wax paper.
- Bake for ~8 minutes.