I made these for work, they were a huge hit! I love me some Cinnabon so I will keep trying to recreate the wonderful cinnamony taste forever.
3C All-Purpose Flour
1.5 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1.5 tsp cinnamon
1C butter, room temperature
4 eggs, room temperature
1C milk, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
8oz cream cheese
1/4C butter, room temperature
2 tbs caramel sauce
2C powdered sugar
Caramel Chocolate Syrup
4tbs caramel sauce
1tsp cocoa powder
1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cupcake tray with liners (or grease a muffin tray).
- In large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In separate bowl, beat butter until creamy. Add sugar and cream with butter until white and fluffy (I used my mixer and took about 7 minutes). Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each egg.
- Turn mixer speed to low and add flour mixture and milk a little bit at a time.
- Divide batter amongst cupcake liners. Bake about 22 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- (This can be done while cupcakes are cooling or while they are baking). Combine cream cheese and butter with paddle attachment until smooth and creamy. Add caramel sauce. Turn speed to low and add powdered sugar a little bit at a time.
- Beat on high speed until mixture is smooth (~3 minutes).
- Mix all caramel chocolate sauce ingredients together and stir until well combined and smooth.
- Frost cupcakes.
- Drizzle with caramel chocolate syrup.