I found this recipe after a lot of googling and made it for Christmas to pair with a ham and beans.
My dad liked it better because it was milder than my grandma's, my mom is a fan of the more intense flavor of my grandma's.
I still think it was a hit! Be prepared -- it makes A LOT of potato salad.
10 slices bacon, diced
1C distilled white vinegar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp prepared mustard (I used Nathan's)
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
10 large potatoes, boiled and diced
1 medium onion, sliced
- Fry bacon in a large pan.
- In a small bowl, add eggs, salt, mustard, vinegar, and cayenne pepper; beat well.
- Remove bacon pan from heat, pour egg mixture into pan stirring until thickened.
- Add potatoes and sliced onion.
- Mix until potatoes are well coated.