They are delicious, very chocolately without being overwhelming.
1/2C butter, softened
1 1/4C sugar
3/4C all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2C cocoa powder
1/2C milk (I used organic 1%)
1 tsp vanilla
2/3C mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy, about 4 minutes in a large bowl (I used my KitchenAid Stand Mixer).
- Add eggs one at a time, mix until combined.
- Add baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder until well combined. (use slow speed at first to avoid chocolate cloud).
- Add vanilla and milk.
- Add flour, a little bit at a time.
- Add chocolate chips, mix until well combined.
- Fill cupcake liners until 1/2 full.
- Bake for ~23 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.