I had way too many of them...they are delicious.
32 caramel squares, unwrapped
1/2C heavy cream
3/4C butter, melted
3/4C brown sugar
1C old-fashioned oats
1 tsp baking soda
3/4C semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine caramels and heavy cream in small saucepan over low heat, stir until smooth. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, flour, oats, & baking soda.
- Press 1/2 of the oatmeal mixture into an 8x8 pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over crust.
- Pour caramel over chocolate chips.
- Crumble the remaining oatmeal mixture over the caramel.
- Bake for 18 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before cutting.