yield: 6 hearty helpings
turkey innards (the parts that come in that little bag + the neck)
2 stalks celery, quartered
1 onion, quartered
1 tsp sea salt
½ tsp black pepper
2 large carrots, diced
4 stalks celery, diced
2 small onions, diced
2C (or more) turkey meat, chopped
1C grains (I used an Pedon Italian Style 5 Grains)
- for broth: Add all ingredients into a large pot.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Cover pot and let simmer for at least 1 hour.
- Remove innards, celery, and onion from the broth liquid. Discard.
- for soup: Add carrots, celery, onions, and turkey meat to the broth in the pot.
- Simmer over medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Add grains and cook for and additional 10 minutes.