½C brown sugar
10 tbs butter, room temperature
1 egg, room temperature
⅓C maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
3C all-purpose flour
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp sea salt
- In a large bowl (or stand mixer), cream sugar and butter on medium speed 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Lower speed to medium, beat in egg until well combined.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- On medium speed, add maple syrup and vanilla until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- On low speed, gradually add flour mixture to the butter mixture.
- Beat until well combined and the dough forms a ball.
- Roll dough into a round ball, wrap the dough in plastic wrap.
- Chill in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface, about ¼" thick.
- Cut dough into shapes.
- Place shapes on a greased baking sheet (or Silpat).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container.