They were a big hit!
Pop them in the fridge to harden them up a little bit, or leave them at room temperature to enjoy the chewy goodness of the caramel.
14oz bag caramels, unwrapped
14oz can sweetened condensed milk
for rice krispy treats
10½oz bag miniature marshmallows
1½ tsp vanilla extract
3 tsp sea salt
8C rice krispy cereal
- for caramel: Stir ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat until melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- for rice krispy treats: Line a 13x9" baking pan with wax paper, leaving a little bit of overhand on each end.
- In a 6 quart (or larger) pot, melt butter over medium-low heat.
- Stir in marshmallows with a rubber spatula until almost melted.
- Stir in vanilla, 1 tsp sea salt, and 1C of the caramel mixture.
- Continue to stir until mixture is blended and smooth.
- Remove pot from heat.
- Stir in cereal until evenly coated with the marshmallow mixture.
- Press mixture into pan in an even layer.
- Let cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Spread remaining caramel mixture over cooled treats.
- Sprinkle remaining 2 tsp of sea salt over caramel mixture.
- Remove wax paper and treats from pan.
- Cut into squares.
- Store in airtight container.