This recipe was amazing -- the cookies have more of a cake-like texture than a traditional cookie but are a hit for those that do and do not prefer softbaked cookies.
yield: 30 cookies
1C pumpkin puree
1/2C brown sugar
1/2C canola oil
2C all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp heavy cream
1 tbs vanilla
1/8 tsp ground cloves
2C chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.
- In a large bowl, or a stand mixer, add pumpkin, sugar, vanilla, oil, cream, and egg.
- In a large bowl combing flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and cloves.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop a rounded tablespoon onto the baking sheet, leaving at least 1" between each cookie.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, until the cookies are set.
- Let cool slightly before removing from the baking sheet.