This recipe amounts to the perfect fall cupcake, I could also just eat the frosting by the spoonful.
yield: 21 cupcakes
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp allspice
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1C butter, room temperature
1C pumpkin puree
4 tsp vanilla
4 eggs, room temperature
for white chocolate cream cheese frosting
8oz cream cheese, room temperature
1/4C butter, room temperature
1C white chocolate chips
2C powdered sugar
for streusel topping
2.5 tbs sugar
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2C butter, melted
- for cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line muffin tin with cupcake liners (or grease pan if you're not using cupcake liners).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, baking soda, and baking powder.
- In a large bowl (or bowl of stand mixer), cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add pumpkin, eggs, and vanilla and mix together on medium speed until incorporated.
- Turn mixer to low and add in dry ingredients, mixing until well combined.
- Fill each cupcake liner about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- for streusel topping: In stand mixer combine flour, sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
- Mix a few second until well combined.
- Pour in melted butter and mix until coarse crumbles form.
- Sprinkle mixture on a parchment (or Silpat) lined baking sheet, crumbling into small pieces.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- for white chocolate cream cheese frosting: In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Melt white chocolate over double boiler and add to the cream cheese mixture.
- Beat on medium speed until smooth.
- Turn mixer to low speed and slowly add in powdered sugar.
- Turn speed up to medium and beat for 5 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before piping (or spreading) onto cupcakes.
- Sprinkle streusel crumbs on top of frosting.