For lunch I whipped up this tomato cream sauce and it was perfect. And easy. And delicious.
1/2 tbs olive oil
1/2 tbs butter
1/4 onion, finely diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1C marinara sauce
1/8 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp sugar
1/4C heavy cream
- Heat butter and oil in sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic, sautéing for 2 minutes.
- Add marinara, salt, pepper, sugar.
- Stir and cook over low heat for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in cream.
- Serve over pasta of your choice (I used tagliatelle and it was great).