yield: 30 cupcakes
2C all-purpose flour
1C cake flour
1 tbs baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tbs cinnamon
1C (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
4 eggs, room temperature
2 tsp vanilla extract
1C butter (2 sticks), room temperature
3.5C powdered sugar
1 tsp heavy cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp salt
1.5 tsp cinnamon
- for cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line muffin pan with cupcake liners (or grease pan if not using cupcake liners).
- In a small bowl, combine flours, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl or bowl of a stand mixers, beat butter and sugar on medium-high speed 3 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add vanilla until combined.
- With mixer on low speed, slowly add half of the flour mixture.
- Add milk until well combined.
- Slowly add remaining flour mixture.
- Scrape down sides of the bowl and mix until just combined.
- Fill cupcake liners about 2/3 full.
- Bake 18-20 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly before removing from pan.
- Cool cupcakes completely.
- for buttercream: Cream butter on high speed for 5 minutes.
- Add vanilla and heavy cream, mix until combined.
- With mixer on low speed, slowly add powdered sugar.
- Add salt and cinnamon.
- Beat on medium-high speed for 5 minutes.
- Pipe or spread onto cooled cupcakes.