I was worried about it tasting like perfume, but it was a unique alternative to your regular old banana bread.
yield: 1 loaf of banana bread
3 ripe bananas, mashed
⅓C butter, melted
1 egg, whisked
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
⅛ tsp salt
1½C all-purpose flour
2 tbs fresh lavender buds
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, mash together butter and bananas with a wooden spoon.
- Mix in sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- Sprinkle in salt and baking soda.
- Mix in flour until well combined.
- Add in the lavender buds.
- Pour batter into a greased 4"x8" loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool.