The flavors all went together really well and were deemed a success!
1C butter, room temperature
1½ C sugar
2 eggs, room temperature
2 tsp vanilla extract
2C all-purpose flour
⅔ C cocoa powder
¾ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
11oz bag Kraft Caramel Bits
1C white chocolate covered pretzels, coarsely chopped (I used white chocolate peppermint covered pretzels to add an additional flavor layer)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease baking sheet or line with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- In bowl of stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar 2-3 minutes on medium-high speed until light fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla, beating for 1-2 minutes on medium speed.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture on low speed, mixing until well combined.
- Fold in caramel bits and pretzels.
- Scoop rounded tablespoons onto cookie sheets, pressing lightly to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes, until set.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes before removing from cookie sheet.
- Let cool completely on wire rack.