This is one of the best textured and spiced pumpkin pies I've had in a while.
8oz package of cream cheese, room temperature
2C pumpkin puree
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg + 2 egg yolks, room temperature & slightly beaten
1/4C butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1 premade pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place premade pie crust into a 9" pie pan, press down along the bottom and all sides.
- Pinch and crimp edges of crust together to make your desired pattern.
- Place pie weights (or if you don't have any, like me, put a round baking dish that fits on the flat part of the pie pan) on the pie crust, place crust shield (or aluminum foil) around the edge.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove weights (or pyrex dish) and bake for 10 more minutes.
- While crust is baking, beat cream cheese with mixer in a large bowl.
- Add pumpkin and beat until combined.
- Add sugar and salt, beat until combined.
- Add egg & yolk mixture, half-and-half, and melted butter, beating until combined.
- Add vanilla, cinnamon, and ginger, beat until incorporated.
- Pour filling into warm prepared pie crust and bake for 50 minutes, or until center is set.
- Place pie on wire rack and cool to room temperature.