To be festive, I used the holiday red creme oreos. This cheese was delicious, but I did end up with the dreaded crack in the middle of the cake.
You will need 1 package of Double Stuf Oreos.
20 Double Stuf oreo cookies, finely chopped
2 tbs melted butter
1.5lb cream cheese (3 - 8oz packages), room temperature
5 large eggs, room temperature
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla
8oz sour cream, room temperature
5 Double Stuf Oreo cookies (coarsely chopped for the batter)
remaining Double Stuf Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped for topping
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- for crust: Mix melted butter with Oreo crumbs and press in the bottom of a 9" spring form pan. (Press crumb mixture ~1.5inches up the sides of the pan if you wish).
- Beat cream cheese with mixer, on low until fluffy.
- Slowly add sugar to cream cheese and continue beating until well mixed.
- Add eggs one at a time, until well blended.
- Add vanilla, mix until combined.
- Add salt, mix until combined.
- Add flour, mix until combined.
- Add sour cream and beat until well combined.
- Stir in the coarsely chopped Oreos.
- Pour cheesecake mixture into the springform pan, on top of the crust.
- Sprinkle coarsely chopped Oreos on top of cheesecake.
- Place pan on the top rack, in the middle, of the preheated oven.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Turn off oven and open oven door slightly.
- Let cheesecake stay in the oven for 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.