I spotted this recipe on Pinterest and was sucked in by the picture of the Cheesecake Factory's deliciousness.
Unfortunately, this wasn't a copy cat recipe and the picture was a total scam, BUT! fortunately the recipe was delicious.
Different than Cheesecake Factory's, but delicious nonetheless.
I only put crust on the bottom, but if you would like crust on the sides as well make sure to double the crust recipe.
1 10oz box of Chocolate Teddy Grahams
6 tbs butter, room temperature
1/8 tsp salt
5 8oz packages of cream cheese, room temperature
5 eggs, room temperature
2 egg yolks
2 tsp vanilla
1 3/4C sugar
1/8C all-purpose flour
1/4C heavy cream, room temperature
1 12oz bag of white chocolate chips
1/2 tsp peppermint extract
red food coloring
6oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
2 tbs powdered sugar
4 tbsp COLD butter, cut into small cubes
crushed peppermints or candy canes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grind up Teddy Grahams in a blender or food processor.
- Mix crumbs, butter, sugar, and salt together in a bowl.
- Press into the bottom of a 10" springform pan.
- Bake crust for 10 minutes, remove from oven to cool.
- Turn oven off.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, eggs, egg yolks, and vanilla, mixing until smooth.
- Add sugar, flour, and heavy cream, mixing until smooth.
- Melt white chocolate chips according to directions on the package (I used the microwave).
- Mix melted chocolate into the batter.
- Transfer 1/3 of batter to a small bowl.
- Stir in peppermint extact and red food coloring (I added a lot to make it red, but the amount you add depends on the shade of pink or red you desire) to the separated batter.
- Pour 1/2 of remaining undyed batter into springform pan.
- Drop spoonfuls of peppermint mixture into pan.
- Pour the rest of the remaining undyed batter into the springform pan.
- Drop spoonfuls of the rest of the peppermint mixture into pan.
- Swirl a knife through the batter to distribute the red mixture.
- Place cheesecake in the middle of the top rack of the oven.
- Turn oven to 400 degrees, and bake for 10 minutes.
- Turn oven down to 200 degrees, bake for 3 hours.
- Turn the oven off and open the oven door slightly.
- Leave cheesecake in the oven for 1 hour.
- Refrigerate cheesecake after removing it from the oven.
- to make ganache: melt bittersweet chocolate according to package directions (I used the microwave) and let stand for 3 minutes.
- Using a small whisk (or a fork), stir in powdered sugar until combined.
- Stir in pieces of cold butter until fully melted and incorporated.
- Pour chocolate mixture on top of cheesecake, using a knife or spatula to spread out evenly.
- Sprinkle crushed peppermints over the chocolate.
- If serving right away, let sit for at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Otherwise, refrigerate until ready to serve.