Monday, December 31, 2012

Hot German Potato Salad

Growing up, my grandma would make hot german potato salad.
I found this recipe after a lot of googling and made it for Christmas to pair with a ham and beans.
My dad liked it better because it was milder than my grandma's, my mom is a fan of the more intense flavor of my grandma's.
I still think it was a hit! Be prepared -- it makes A LOT of potato salad.

ingredients
10 slices bacon, diced
1C sugar
1C distilled white vinegar
2 eggs
1 tsp salt
1 tsp prepared mustard (I used Nathan's)
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
10 large potatoes, boiled and diced
1 medium onion, sliced

directions
  1. Fry bacon in a large pan.
  2. In a small bowl, add eggs, salt, mustard, vinegar, and cayenne pepper; beat well.
  3. Remove bacon pan from heat, pour egg mixture into pan stirring until thickened.
  4. Add potatoes and sliced onion.
  5. Mix until potatoes are well coated.
  6. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment