They were pretty delicious!
13.75oz can marinated artichoke hearts (I used Wegmans Italian Classics Artichoke Hearts)
1C finely chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4C fine dry bread crumbs (I used Wegmans roasted garlic bread crumbs)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp dried oregano
dash of cayenne pepper
2C shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Drain the artichokes, reserving 1/3C of marinade.
- Chop artichokes into small pieces and set aside.
- In small saucepan over medium heat, heat reserved marinade.
- Add onion and garlic to marinade, cook ~5 minutes until onion is softened and liquid is mostly absorbed (don't let the garlic brown).
- In a large bowl, beat eggs.
- Stir onion mixture, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, oregano, and cayenne pepper into egg mixture.
- Blend in cheddar cheese.
- Stir in artichoke heart pieces.
- Spoon mixture into well greased mini muffin pan, until muffin openings are full.
- Bake 20 minutes, until set.
- Remove from oven and let cool before removing from pan.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Bring to room temperature before serving.