In fact, this recipe from page 53 from the October/November 2012 issue of Taste of Home magazine is simple and to die for.
I've made it both with regular chocolate chips, and with Nestle Tollhouse limited edition Dark Chocolate & Mint chips -- both were amazing.
2/3C salted butter, cubed
10oz bag semisweet chocolate chips
4 eggs, room temperature
2 tsp vanilla extract
1.5C all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, butter, and water.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in half of the chocolate chips until melted. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease 9x13 pan.
- In a large bowl (I used my KitchenAid Stand Mixer), beat eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in chocolate mixture.
- In another bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add flour mixture to the chocolate mixture, mixing well.
- Stir in remaining chocolate chips.
- Spread into greased pan.
- Bake for 35-38 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into bars.