As part of the challenge, I am not supposed to eat flour, added sugar, dairy, or alcohol.
I stumbled upon this recipe and gave it a go.
It was super filling, easy to prepare, and according to MyFitnessPal only 277.6 calories if you split it into 8 servings. Can't beat that!
1 package (~1.5lb)boneless skinless chicken breast
1 16oz bag Wegmans Frozen Spring Blend Vegetables (yellow squash, green beans, peppers)
1 16oz bag Wegmans Frozen Harvest Blend Vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, carrots, yellow squash)
1.5C chicken broth
1 28oz can crushed tomatoes
1 28oz can diced tomatoes
4oz tomato paste
2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp dried rosemary
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 tsp dried basil
2 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 medium sized sweet onion
2C raw butternut squash pieces
4 tbs balsamic vinegar
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker, with the chicken on the bottom.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove chicken from the slow cooker, and using 2 forks shred the chicken (this should be pretty easy as the chicken breasts are falling apart at this point).
- Put shredded chicken into slow cooker, stir well.
- Let slow cooker stay on warm setting for at least another 30 minutes.
- (optional) Serving over brown rice or barley adds some nice bulk.