It was a hit...and super easy!
1 package Oreos, crushed into small crumbs
1/4C butter, melted
1 8oz package cream cheese, room temperature
1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
2 tsp peppermint extract
2C heavy cream, whipped
red food coloring
1 candy cane, crushed
- Combine cookie crumbs and sugar in a medium bowl.
- Add butter and mix well.
- Press crumb mixture firmly onto bottom and partway up the sides of a 9" springform pan.
- Refrigerate pan while making the cheesecake.
- Beat cream cheese until fluffy in a large bowl.
- Gradually add the sweetened condensed milk until smooth.
- Stir in peppermint extract and food coloring (more food coloring for a redder cake, or less for a more pink hue).
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Pour filling into pan.
- Sprinkle candy cane on top of cheesecake.
- Cover and freeze for 6 hours, or until firm.