They offered two "Step Savers":
- replacing the chicken & corn starch with Wegmans Seasoned Chicken Breast Strips for Stir Fry
- replacing the vegetables with Wegmans Stir Fry Blend Fresh Cut Veggies Kit
It also called for Wegmans Garlic Simmer Sauce, which I couldn't find so I made my own version.
This recipe was filling, healthy, and a pretty convincing home-cooked asian dish.
2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
1 lb boneless chicken breasts, cut in thin diagonal slices
2 tbs cornstarch
1 tbs water
1/4 lb broccoli florets
1/4 lb cauliflower florets
3/4C red or yellow bell peppers, 1" dice
3/4C green bell peppers, 1" dice
1 large carrot 1/4" bias slices
3oz shiitake mushrooms, sliced
1/2C fresh baby corn, halved
1C fresh snow peas
1/2 chicken broth
2 tsp garlic salt
2 tsp minced garlic
2 tsp garlic red wine vinegar
2 tsp onion powder
- Mix sliced chicken with cornstarch and water until chicken is coated, set aside.
- Blanch veggies in large pot of boiling salted water for 2 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in stir fry pan on high -- oil should be hot but not smoking.
- Stir fry chicken 4-5 minutes.
- In small bowl, combine chicken broth, garlic salt, garlic, vinegar, and onion powder.
- Add mixture to pan.
- Stir fry 5 minutes to heat through.