I did, I roasted and peeled the skin off of them and then put them in the freezer because I wasn't quite sure what to do with them.
I found this recipe via Pinterest, modified it a little based on the quantity of ingredients I had and the salsa turned out quite delicious! It was definitely mild, but so, so flavorful.
2 hatch chiles
1 jalapeno pepper
1/4 of medium white onion
1 clove garlic
dash of sea salt
handful of fresh cilantro
1/2 lime, juiced
- Set oven to broil.
- Prepare tomatillos by removing husks and rinsing the stickiness from the skin.
- Arrange tomatillos and peppers on a roasting pan or cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the skins start to bubble.
- After removing peppers from onion, remove the tops and seeds from the pper and peel skin off.
- Add onion, garlic, salt, and tomatillos to a food processor. Pulse for 5 seconds.
- Add cilantro and peppers to the food processor.
- Add lime juice and mix well.