These muffins were delicious, the flavors were so different and interesting than any regular chocolate chip muffins I've ever had.
Definitely try these!
2tsp baking powder
1/4tsp baking soda
Finely crated zest of 1 orange
1 egg, lightly beaten
2/3C vegetable oil
3/4C semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly grease muffin tin.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and orange zest in a large mixing bowl and whisk to blend.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Combine the egg, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla in a large measuring cup or a bowl and whisk until well blend.
- Using a rubber spatula or a wooden spoon, stir and fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until all of the dry ingredients are moistened and the batter is well blended and smooth.
- Fill each muffin cup 3/4 full and bake for about 20 minutes until muffins are puffed, golden, and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Carefully remove each muffin out of tin and allow to cool on rack.