I made it for a Sunday football gathering, with 8 people and there was plenty for everyone plus leftovers!
1lb pasta (I used medium shells because I think they hold sauce/substance better)
1lb sweet Italian sausage, chopped into pieces
1 white onion, diced
2 26oz jars of spaghetti sauce (I used Wegmans Tomato & Basil)
1lb ham steak, cubed
1/2-1lb sliced pepperoni
16oz bag of shredded mozzarella
6 tbs grated parmesan cheese
2 tbs minced garlic
1 tsp dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente.
- Cook sausage, onions, and garlic in a pan until any excess liquid is evaporated and the sausage is cooked through.
- In a lightly greased 9x13 pan, pour 1/2 jar of sauce to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Layer ingredients in the order listed below, spreading to evenly cover pan.
- 1st layer: 1/3 pasta, 1/2 jar of sauce, 1/3 mozzarella cheese, 2 tbs parmesan cheese, sausage and onions.
- 2nd layer: 1/3 pasta, 1/2 jar of sauce, 1/3 mozzarella cheese, 2 tbs parmesan cheese, ham.
- 3rd layer: remaining pasta, remaining sauce, remaining mozzarella cheese, remaining parmesan cheese.
- Place pepperoni on top to your desired coverage. (I overlapped the slices of pepperoni so the entire top was just a sheet of pepperoni).
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.