I found this particular recipe in a Dixie Crystals Sugar ad in a magazine.
9" refrigerated pie crust
3 large eggs
1C pumpkin puree
1C apple butter
1 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
3/4C all-purpose flour
1/4C + 1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 stick cold salted butter
1/2C walnut pieces
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare pie crust in pie pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs until combined.
- Add pumpkin, apple butter, sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg and whisk until well combined.
- Stir in half-and-half.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Prepare topping by combining flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl.
- Using a cheese grater, grate very cold butter into small pieces directly onto flour mixture.
- Rub between your (clean!) hands to turn into small lumps and consequently into crumbles.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Sprinkle topping over pie.
- Apply pie crust shield (or aluminum foil) and place in oven.
- After 10 minutes, reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Bake until center of pie no longer trembles and has set, about 45-50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool at least 30 minutes before transferring to the refrigerator.