I typically eat my kale raw, but this particular batch was so bitter I couldn't do it.
Sautéing it was the answer!
1.5 lbs of kale, stems and leaves coarsely chopped
3 tbsp olive oil
1 cloves garlic, finely minced
1/2C vegetable stock
1.5 tbsp garlic infused red wine vinegar
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and cook until soft but not colored.
- Raise heat to high, add stock and kale and toss to combine.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove cover and continue to cook, stirring until all the liquid has evaporated.
- Add vinegar, toss to coat.