Sunday, November 18, 2012

Sauteed Kale

I found this recipe from Bobby Flay, I made some alterations based on what I had and personal taste.
I typically eat my kale raw, but this particular batch was so bitter I couldn't do it.
Sautéing it was the answer!

ingredients
1.5 lbs of kale, stems and leaves coarsely chopped
3 tbsp olive oil
1 cloves garlic, finely minced
1/2C vegetable stock
1.5 tbsp garlic infused red wine vinegar

directions
  1. Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
  2. Add garlic and cook until soft but not colored.
  3. Raise heat to high, add stock and kale and toss to combine.
  4. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
  5. Remove cover and continue to cook, stirring until all the liquid has evaporated.
  6. Add vinegar, toss to coat.
  7. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment