I had to use an 8x8 glass Pyrex dish because my pie pan was in use for pumpkin pie, it was still a HUGE hit.
unbaked pie crust or a refrigerated crust from the store
2 tbs all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp allspice
6 macintosh apples, cored and chopped into small pieces (I used an apple slicer and then put the pieces into my Pampered Chef Manual Food Processor)
1 tbs vanilla extract
1/2C all-purpose flour
1/2C brown sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
5 tbs salted butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, flour, and allspice.
- Mix in apple slices and vanilla extract.
- Toss until apples are well coated and no excess mixture remains.
- In food processor, process flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon until combined.
- Add butter pieces and process about 1 minute, until butter is well combined.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll out dough disk on floured surface, until it is about 13" round.
- Transfer to a 9" pie pan (I had to improvise and use an 8x8 glass dish).
- Pour in apple filling as evenly as possible to prevent spill over.
- Evenly sprinkle streusel topping over the apples.
- Bake about 45 minutes, until apples are tender and topping is golden brown.