Saturday, November 3, 2012

Apple Streusel Pie

I found this recipe via Pinterest. I made minor adjustments to accommodate what I had (and to use the pie crust I made).
I had to use an 8x8 glass Pyrex dish because my pie pan was in use for pumpkin pie, it was still a HUGE hit.


ingredients
unbaked pie crust or a refrigerated crust from the store

for filling
1/4C sugar
2 tbs all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp allspice
6 macintosh apples, cored and chopped into small pieces (I used an apple slicer and then put the pieces into my Pampered Chef Manual Food Processor)
1 tbs vanilla extract

for streusel
1/2C all-purpose flour
1/2C brown sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
5 tbs salted butter, chilled and cut into small pieces

directions
for filling
  1. In a large bowl, combine sugar, flour, and allspice.
  2. Mix in apple slices and vanilla extract.
  3. Toss until apples are well coated and no excess mixture remains.
for streusel
  1. In food processor, process flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon until combined.
  2. Add butter pieces and process about 1 minute, until butter is well combined.
the pie
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. Roll out dough disk on floured surface, until it is about 13" round.
  3. Transfer to a 9" pie pan (I had to improvise and use an 8x8 glass dish).
  4. Pour in apple filling as evenly as possible to prevent spill over.
  5. Evenly sprinkle streusel topping over the apples.
  6. Bake about 45 minutes, until apples are tender and topping is golden brown.
  7. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment