I found this recipe on Pinterest. I overcooked the cupcakes, so I adjusted the time.
I made few substitutions -- my favorite part is the frosting, and these were a hit with my volleyball team.
3 sticks salted butter, room temperature
1.5C brown sugar
4 large eggs
2 2/3C all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1C coconut milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
1C semisweet chocolate chips
2 sticks salted butter, room temperature
6 tbs brown sugar
1C + 2 tbs all-purpose flour
7oz sweetened condensed milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cupcake pans with paper liners (recipe makes 24 cupcakes)
- In bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Mix in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to mixer bowl on low speed, alternating with the milk.
- Mix until just incorporated.
- Blend in vanilla.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter evenly among the cupcake liners. Fill these to the top -- don't be intimidated, the batter has the consistency of cookie dough and it won't explode like regular cupcake batter.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool.
- In bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream butter and brown sugar until creamy.
- Mix in confectioner's sugar until smooth.
- Beat in flour and salt.
- Mix in milk and vanilla until smooth and well blended.
- Pipe frosting on to completely cooled cupcakes.