I found this recipe via Pinterest, to make it even more delicious I added bacon to it.
1 lb medium shell noodles
1/2 stick butter
2.5C skim milk
2C shredded cheese -- I used a mixture from Giant super market called "Mac & Cheese Blend" -- it is a mixture of sharp cheddar, american, and swiss cheese.
salt & pepper to taste
6 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Cook pasta according to directions, drain and set aside.
- In large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in flour to make a roux.
- Stir in a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Let roux cook for 1 minute, then add milk.
- Whisk until slightly thickened.
- Remove saucepan from heat.
- Add cheese and cream, stirring until cheese melts.
- Adjust salt and pepper to your taste.
- Stir in crumbled bacon.
- Combine noodles and cheese sauce.