Monday, September 3, 2012

Pumpkin Poppers

I woke up this morning dreaming of pumpkin muffins and pumpkin coffee.

I scoped my Pinterest "Recipes to Try" board, and found this recipe. I mostly followed the recipe, just substituting what I had vs what was listed.
They were delicious.

ingredients
For Poppers:
1.75C flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1/3C canola oil
1/2C brown sugar
1 egg, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4C pumpkin
1/2C coconut milk

For Coating: 
1 stick butter, melted
2/3C sugar
2 tbs cinnamon

directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Grease mini muffin pan.
  3. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and spices in a bowl.
  4. In another bowl (I used my KitchenAid Stand Mixer), mix oil, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, pumpkin, and coconut milk until well combined. 
  5. Add flour mixture little by little until well combined.
  6. Fill mini muffin pan almost to the top. 
  7. Bake 10-12 minutes.
  8. Melt butter in small bowl for coating.
  9. In separate bowl, combine cinnamon and sugar.
  10. After the poppers cool for a few minutes (or right away if you don't mind burning your fingers!), dip the poppers in the melted butter and then roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
  11. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment