It is AMAZING, perfectly sweet and Nutella-y but not overwhelmingly so.
I used a 8.5x4.5 inch loaf pan, which nearly doubled my cook time -- so use a 9x5, and/or do what I did and keep checking on it every 5 minutes after the 1 hour and 10 minute listed time.
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 sticks butter, softened
4 eggs, room temperature
2 tsp vanilla extract
13oz jar of Nutella
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and flour 9x5 loaf pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- In large bowl (I used my KitchenAid Stand Mixer), beat butter and sugar at medium-high speed until light and fluffy.
- Lower speed to medium and add eggs and vanilla until fully incorporated.
- Lower speed to low and add the flour mixture in 3 parts until just blended.
- Spread 1/3 batter in pan, then spread 1/3 Nutella on top. Repeat until all batter and Nutella is gone.
- Take a knife and swirl through the pan to slightly mix the Nutella and batter.
- Bake about 70 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. (For the 8.5x5.5 pan, it was about 110 minutes.)
- Allow cake to cool for ~20 minutes, then remove from pan.
- Allow to cool before cutting (or risk the crumbling!).