Wednesday, December 7, 2011

BBQ Sauce

This past weekend I had no cable or internet due to a cut cable outside.
I should have been studying, instead I did some reading and some napping.
For dinner, I decided on pulled pork in the slow cooker. Soooooo I chopped up a yellow onion, tossed in a tablespoon of minced garlic, and some frozen (pre-pulled) pork. I went to the fridge to grab some bottled BBQ sauce....and we were out.
So I phone-googled for a recipe. I decided upon this because I had all the ingredients, with only 1 ingredient tweak and little prep tweak.
My vote...it is DELICIOUS! I may never buy BBQ sauce again now that I know how easy it is!

ingredients
2C ketchup
1C water
1/2C apple cider vinegar
5 tbs brown sugar
5 tbs sugar
1/2 tsp pepper (recipe says fresh ground, I used regular)
1/2 tbs onion powder
1/2 tbs ground mustard
1 tbs lime juice
1 tbs worcestershire sauce

directions
  1. In a medium pot, combine all ingredients.
  2. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
  3. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring regularly, for 30 minutes (for crockpot use) or 1 hr, 20 minutes (sauce use).
  4. Enjoy!
I simmered for 30 minutes, and then put the sauce in the crockpot with pork, 1 yellow onion (diced), and 1 tbs of minced garlic. SO delicious. You should try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment