Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Mediterranean Linguine with Basil & Tomatoes

I found this recipe on allrecipes. I didn't have exactly everything it called for but I made it work. I liked it, but I do think 1) a little less EVOO wouldn't hurt and 2) my crushed red pepper is STRONG.

ingredients
1 16oz box of linguine (I used an *almost* full box of whole wheat thin spaghetti, its what I had)
1 tbs salt
1/2 C extra virgin olive oil (to me, this was a little much when eating but make your own assumptions)
1 pint grape tomatoes, cut in half (recipe called for 2, I had 1 - I think 1 was fine)
1 tbs minced garlic
2 tbs red wine vinegar
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
salt & pepper to taste
dry basil (recipe says 18 fresh leaves cut in strips - I had dry basil so i just shook it over top a few times...very precise meauring, I know)
3/4 C grated parmesan cheese (recipe says more for garnish but I say nah)

directions
  1. Heat 6 qts water to boiling.
  2. Add pasta & salt to the water, cook until noodles are the texture you like (I'm an al dente kind of girl).
  3. Heat olive oil in a skillet on medium heat.
  4. Add tomatoes & garlic to the heat and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occassionally. (recipe says 2 minutes but I like them a little more cooked).
  5. Stir in vinegar & red pepper flakes.
  6. Drain pasta & add to the skillet.
  7. Cook and stir for 1 minute until pasta is coated.
  8. Season with salt & pepper.
  9. Stir in basil & cheese.
  10. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment