I tried again, this time modifying the recipe, and it tastes like heaven.
1C brown sugar
12 tbs butter
2/3C evaporated milk
1/2C canned pumpkin
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
12oz bag (1.5C) of white chocolate chips
7oz jar (1.5C) of fluff
1.5 tsp vanilla
- Line 9x13 pan with wax paper.
- Heat a medium-large sauce pan.
- Add sugar, brown sugar, evaporated milk, pumpkin, butter, and pumpkin pie spice to sauce pan.
- Bring ingredients to a boil. Let boil for 12 minutes over medium heat, stirring regularly.
- Remove sauce pan from heat and quickly stir in vanilla, chocolate chips, and fluff until smooth and blended.
- Pour immediately into a 9x13 pan.
- Let cool/harden. I waited until it cooled, cut it up then put it in an airtight container in the fridge.