2 tbs olive oil
1 yellow onion (I picked a middle of the road sized one)
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 - 160z container light sour cream
3/4C mayonaisse (I used Duke's - full fat)
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp ground white pepper (found at Giant, not at Super Walmart)
1/2 tsp sea salt
- In saute pan, heat olive oil over medium-low heat.
- Add onions and 1/4 tsp of sea salt.
- Cook, stirring frequently, for 15 minutes. (Alton says 20, mine were black by 15.)
- Remove pan from burner to cool. (I transferred the onions to a bowl and stuck them in the fridge to speed the process along).
- In large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- After onions have cooled (don't have to be cold but don't want them to be hot), add to sour cream mixture.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours to let the flavors meld.
- Stir before serving. (I stirred periodically in the refrigerating period to get all the oniony goodness distributed).