Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Crockpot BBQ Chicken & Veggies

I am making a serious effort to utilize my crockpot more, it is just so convenient and requires so little work to make something delicious.
I made this recipe for dinner last night and it made enough for 4 meals (lunch & dinner for myself and the boyf).
I had about 3.5 hours between coming home from work (and tossing the food in the crockpot) and coming home from yoga. The chicken was totally cooked (probably also helped that it was thin sliced).
I think if you were to use regular sliced chicken breasts, there would be no problem cooking it for longer.
We ate ours plain (just the chicken and veggies), but I think it would be great over rice or maybe with some pasta on the side.

ingredients
1.5C BBQ sauce (I used 1/4C of Sweet Baby Rays and 1.25C Kraft because thats what I had)
1 green pepper
1 white onion
1 tsp minced garlic (I have a giant tub of minced garlic from Costco to make life easier, but I think 1 tsp is equivalent to 4 cloves minced)
1 package of thin sliced chicken breasts (somewhere around 5 breasts - I think the packs are usually between 1 & 2lbs)

directions
  1. Chop up onion and pepper. Size is really subject to personal preference - I made them more like strips (think sausage & peppers sized veggies) rather than little chunks
  2. Throw all the ingredients into the crockpot.
  3. Cook on low for 3.5 hours. (Thats the time frame I had, I'm sure you could do high for shorter (1-2hrs) or low for longer and all would still be well in the world).
  4. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment