The recipe says it serves 6, I'd venture to say you're good for 8-10 people.
16oz loaf Italian or French bread, cut in half lengthwise and then sliced thinly
2 ¼C milk
2 tbs sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp ground nutmeg
¼ tsp salt
for cinnamon cream cheese filling
8oz cream cheese, room temperature
2 tbs butter, room temperature
1 tbs cinnamon
1 tbs ground cinnamon
¼C powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Layer half of the bread slices in the baking dish, overlapping slightly so that they create an almost solid layer.
- for custard: In a large bowl or stand mixer, whisk eggs until fully beaten.
- Whisk in milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Pour half of custard over the bread in the baking dish, letting it soak in to the bread.
- Set aside the remaining custard.
- for cinnamon cream cheese filling: In a large bowl or stand mixer, beat softened cream cheese with butter, egg, cinnamon, and sugar.
- Beat until very soft and whipped.
- Spread over the layer of bread and custard in the pan.
- Layer the rest of the bread over the cream cheese filling.
- Pour the remaining custard on top.
- for topping: Sprinkle cinnamon on top.
- Bake, uncovered, for 50 minutes until firmly set.
- Cool for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.