They were a hit!
I would say they are a more flavorful take on your average white cake cupcake, not too different but just enough.
2.5 C flour
2 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
4 eggs, room temp
1C milk, warmed in microwave on high for 20 sec
1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a pan with tall(ish) sides. Stir constantly until the foaming subsides and dark brown flecks start to appear. Continue cooking on medium heat until butter is brown and smells nutty.
- Remove butter from heat and allow to cool for ~10 minutes.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in bowl and set aside.
- In mixing bowl beat sugar & eggs until thickened.
- Add milk, butter, and vanilla to mixing bowl until combined.
- Add flour mixture a little bit at a time until well mixed.
- Fill cupcake liners about 2/3 full.
- Bake for ~20 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.