yield: 6-8 servings
½tsp ground cinnamon
½tsp ground nutmeg
3tbs Grand Marnier
1tsp lemon juice
3tbs frozen orange juice concentrate
⅓C cold water
2½ lbs Granny Smith apples, peeled & diced
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Stir in sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, honey, Grand Marnier, and lemon juice.
- Bring mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Cook 1 minute.
- Combine orange juice concentrate and water in a small bowl.
- Add cornstarch, whisking until smooth.
- Add orange juice mixture into hot sugar mixture.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Stir apple slices into sugar mixture.
- Cover and cooke 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover and simmer 5 minutes, or until apples are tender.