Her recipe was mostly of the "little bit of this" "not too much of that" variety, but I've gotten it into measured amounts, but kept her advice in the directions...for a large crowd.
In terms of mayonnaisey potato salads, Grandma Margie's is the only one I will eat. True story.
yield: A LOT OF POTATO SALAD
1 medium onion (or a bunch of green onions), diced
6 pieces celery, chopped
5 hard boiled eggs, cooled & chopped
2 tsp dried parsley
1 tsp salt
1 tbs vinegar
64oz mayonnaise (I use Duke's, Grandma used Hellman's)
- Boil potatoes in skins until done (but not falling apart).
- Slice potatoes (but not too thin).
- Add celery, onions, eggs, and parsley in a big bowl. Mix together.
- Add half of the mayo and mix thoroughly.
- Sprinkle in vinegar and add the other half of the mayo until evenly coated.
- Mix until salad tastes right and isn't too dry.