We bought a bunch of things on our first visit, including a package of dark chocolate linguine that we had no idea what to do with.
Luckily, the company who makes it provided some recipes.
We tried this one and it was different, but in a delicious way.
1 lb Pappardelle's Dark Chocolate Linguine
2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbs chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 (14.5oz) can diced tomatoes, drained
1 bell pepper, chopped
2 chipotle peppers, chopped
1 (10oz) can chicken broth
2 tbs peanut butter
2 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
4 lb chicken breasts
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Heat oil in a saute pan over medium heat.
- Add onion and saute until translucent.
- Add garlic and spices and continue to saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes, peppers, chipotles, broth, peanut butter, and chocolate.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- With an immersion blender (or in shifts with a regular blender), puree until smooth.
- Sear chicken in a heavy bottomed, hot saute pan over medium-high heat until browned on all sides.
- Add chicken to casserole dish, cover evenly with sauce.
- Cover and braise in the oven for 45-60 minutes.
- While chicken and sauce are braising, cook pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water until just tender, ~7-8 minutes; drain.
- Toss pasta with chicken mole.