This Thanksgiving I wanted to have a recipe in hand that would be quick, easy, and delicious so that I could easily get it on the table in time.
This recipe fit that bill perfectly -- and the green beans were REALLY good, and bonus points for not having to roll bacon around green beans.
yield: 12-16 servings*
3 lbs green beans, ends trimmed ( got the pre-trimmed, steam in a bag kind)
8 slices bacon
1/2 C light brown sugar
12 tbs salted butter, melted
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Steam green beans (if you have the steam in a bag kind) or bring a large pot of water to a boil and boil green beans for 3 minutes and then plunge into ice water; set aside.
- In a skillet, cook bacon until the edges just begin to brown; remove from pan and lay on a paper towel.
- When bacon is cool enough to handle, cut into small pieces or strips.
- Place the green beans in a casserole dish.
- Spread bacon pieces over the green beans.
- Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over the beans and bacon.
- In a small bowl, stir together melted butter and garlic powder.
- Pour evenly over the green beans and bacon.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.