We picked this recipe and stuck mostly to it -- we added some crushed red pepper flakes for some spice and some tomato paste to thicken it up based off of the comments that said it was watery.
It turned out great, and the added spice was a nice touch.
yield: 4 large servings
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbs olive oil (I used Basil Olive Oil)
28oz can of diced tomatoes, undrained
1/2 C chicken stock
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp white pepper
1/4 C tomato paste
1 lb uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
6oz uncooked angel hair pasta
- In a large skillet, saute garlic in olive oil for 2 minutes over medium heat.
- Add tomatoes, stock, basil, oregano, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste.
- Simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Add shrimp to the tomato mixture; cook for 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Drain pasta; toss with shrimp mixture.