Sunday, November 23, 2014

Cookie Cutter Ginger Crisps

I got a Fred "Gingerdeadman" cookie cutter/press for Halloween this year and I scoped Pinterest looking for a suitable Gingerbread recipe.
I really liked the flavor and texture of this recipe, my husband's commentary was that it wasn't as "crisp" as a gingerbread cookie should be -- this might be I didn't cook them long enough, or it might just be by design. I don't know, but I sure liked them!
yield: 14 dozen small cookies (these giant gingerdeadmen didn't make that many)

ingredients
1C salted butter, room temperature
½C brown sugar
½C sugar
⅓C molasses
⅔C light corn syrup
4 ½C flour
1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
1 ½ tsp ground ginger
½ tsp ground cloves

directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350°.
  2. Beat butter and sugars together in the bowl of a stand mixer on medium speed, ~3 minutes, until light and fluffy.
  3. Beat in molasses and corn syrup until well combined.
  4. Add in the remaining ingredients on low speed until a smooth dough forms.
  5. Chill in fridge for 30 minutes.
  6. Roll out on a lightly floured surface to less than ⅛" thick.
  7. Cut with floured cookie cutters.
  8. Line baking sheet with silpat or wax paper.
  9. Bake for ~8 minutes.
  10. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment