At the Chatsworth Cranberry Festival we tried a cranberry ice cream that was so tart and refreshing, I knew I had to try to recreate it.
This recipe is spot on.
¼ C water
¼ tsp salt
1 ½ C cranberries
2 tbs orange juice
1 ½ C heavy cream
1 ½ C whole milk
1 C sugar
- Over medium heat, cook water, salt, and cranberries for 6-7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Puree cranberry mixture and orange juice in a blender or food processor.
- Refrigerate cranberry puree for several hours, until cold.
- Place your ice cream container into the freezer (I use a pyrex bowl).
- Mix together cream, milk, sugar, and cranberry puree.
- Churn ice cream according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Transfer to cold ice cream container.
- Freezer for at least 4-6 hours.