I also love cranberries and had a ton leftover from buying a giant box from the Chatsworth Cranberry Festival.
I found this recipe on Pinterest and knew it would be perfect to try in my KitchenAid Ice Cream Maker attachment.
yield: 1 quart
1 ½ C half and half
8oz goat cheese
¾ C sugar, divided
¾ tsp salt, divided
1 ½ C cranberries
⅓ C orange juice
½ tsp triple sec
- In a blender or food processor, combine half and half, goat cheese, ½ C sugar, and ½ tsp salt.
- Puree until very smooth, transfer to a container and refrigerate until very cold.
- Clean out blender/food processor.
- Combine cranberries, remaining sugar, remaining salt, and orange juice in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and let simmer, stirring occassionally, until berries pop and soften to jam-like consistency.
- Transfer cranberry mixture to blender/food processor, blend until smooth.
- Stir in triple sec and chill for several hours in the fridge until very cold.
- Churn goat cheese ice cream according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Transfer to a large chilled bowl (I used a pyrex) and very quickly fold in cranberry syrup with a large rubber spatula.
- Quickly transfer to a container to freeze for at least 4 hours before serving.